(1) For the medical-care area where your hospital is located, we check the medical-care functions and levels of other hospitals, trends of receiving medical-care for each disease (which hospitals are visited) and estimate the expected number of future patients for each disease and analyze the trend of medical services. Thus, we analyze the influence from the external management environment and assess the threats and opportunities for your management.
(2) We analyze the financial situation and various indicators for medical-care and management functions, interview each department and compare your hospital with other facilities of the same type and scale based on the benchmark. Thus, we assess your strengths and weaknesses for the management of your hospital.
(3) We assess the gap between the ideal and present states based on the analysis results of the present state according to the management philosophy of your hospital, vision, management policy and targets. If the gap is too large, we discuss the need to review the management policy and strategy of your hospital.
(4) Management problems are clarified by recognizing the gap. We discuss the clarified problems with your hospital staff to confirm their validity and determine the priority for available approaches. In addition, we hold training sessions for all job types as an opportunity for employees to share common ideas and enhance their motivation.
(5) According to the determined priority for solving the problems, we submit proposals for your approval regarding solutions, time schedules, responsible persons for carrying out solutions, and establishment of a committee and task force.
(6) We periodically assess the progress state and effects of the plan. If the target is not achieved, we clarify the cause, correct the course, and support and follow the PDCA cycle.